Friday, March 13, 2015

National Navy UDT-Seal Museum, Fort Pierce, Florida: Learning about the Navy Seals

Travel Date: Friday, Dec 12 2014

I dropped Yonnas off to work, and headed towards Jacksonville, Florida.


Caught a glimspe of the sunrise behind me.


As I was driving my eye caught the sign of a Navy Seal Museum. It was slightly off my route but I had time on my hands.


I drive up to the entrance and park.

I walk towards what looks like a memorial circle.


A memorial for SEAL members who have died while serving in the line of duty.







I walk around and look at some of the vessels used.











And then decide to check out the museum: National Navy UDT-Seal Museum.




Walk to the visitors area and pay the entrance fee.



The various galleries and exhibits:
























I think they may be NRA members too.





How many pulls ups can you do?


Sign up list for SEAL interest.



One of my favorite galleries/exhibits.




All about the death of Osama bin Laden and the compound.














A beam from the World Trade Center - South Tower.







I exit from the back and visit some other vessels used by the Navy Seals.



And some of their training course elements.


















The Navy SEAL Ethos: FORGED BY ADVERSITY
- I am a common man with an uncommon desire to succeed
- My Trident is my symbol of honor and heritage. I must earn it every day.
- I accept the full responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life.
- I serve with honor, on and off the battlefield. My work is my bond.
- Uncomprising integrity is my standard. My character is steadfast
- If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I am never out of the fight.
- The livers of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me.
- I am innovative and disciplined. My training is never complete.
- I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions.
- I persevere and thrive on adversity. I train for war and fight to win.
I WILL NEVER QUIT. I WILL NOT FAIL.





I took a lot of picture but not notes. I then get in my car and head towards St. Augustine.

Reflections:

After I noticed the sign for the Navy Seal Museum, I decided to that I wanted to go visit the museum. I had some time to spend and this would be a cool and interesting place to experience.

Learning about the Seal training program, their history and evolution to current day, watching the documentary of Seal training, looking at some of the more recent successes (raid on OBL compound) and tragedies (WTC 9/11) hit home the service and commitment of these elite soldiers and made me appreciate their work ethic and sacrifice more.

A remarkable group of bad asses.

Expenses: $12.12
Breakfast: $4.12 (Dunkin Donuts)
Ticket: $8.00 (National Navy UDT-Seal Museum)

No comments:

Post a Comment