Saturday, February 14, 2015

Savannah, Georgia: Day 3 - Best Food in Savannah

Travel Date: Tuesday, Dec 02 2014

So after a tour of Wormsloe Historic Site, I decided it was time to head to downtown Savannah again, and try this cocktail that my friend Courtney insisted I get.

I parked in the only free parking area I saw the last time and walked over to The Shrimp Factory on River Street (River Front)


It was around 30 minutes to noon. I talked to the bartender about this drink called the Chatham Artillery Punch. He said it was a popular drink but he could only serve me one or two but not more. I guess it was FULLY LOADED.


So I ordered it. It was strong but I didn't like it as much.


Feeling hungry, and since lunch time was approaching I asked him about the specials and recommendations. He told me to get the Pine Park Stew their signature dish. So I did.

It came as a kettle full of southern bouillabaisse with potatoes, onions, peppers, shrimp, flounder, oysters, crab, scallops, cherry tomatoes & house seasonings


I cannot wait to dig in.


The kettle still has a second serving left. All for just $15.00. That's a steal for lunch.


It was by far the best thing I have had in Savannah. I thought the Olde Pink House food was great - which is was, but this was waaaaaay better.


After lunch, I needed to get a walk in since I had two serving portions. I enjoyed walking around the cobble stone streets.


I headed back to the First African American Baptist Church to see if it was open.



Went through the side entrance.


And entered the basement. Unfortunately I just missed a tour 30 minutes ago and would have to wait 2 hours for the next one. I didn't have the time so I left.


Walked around bloated and still happy about the delicious meal. Then sat at a park bench and meditated for a while.


And then headed out to meet my college buddy Saderrick in Statesboro, Georgia.

Reflections:
I cannot stop thinking about how great the food was at the Shrimp Factory. Thank you for the indirect suggestion Courtney. I know you asked me to try the Chatham Artillery Punch. It was definitely strong, but kind of too fruity tasting for me. And had I not attempted to try it out, I would have never ever tasted the deliciousness of their signature dish: the Pine Park Stew. Oh sweet little piece of heaven.

Expenses: $31.05
Lunch: $31.05

No comments:

Post a Comment