Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Greensboro, North Carolina: The Past Three Upstairs Neighbors

Travel Date: Monday, April 7th 2014

Kim and I have been friends since she moved into the duplex we shared in 2010. She brought her dog Riley with her and then later got Rex. She is probably the only true Duke fan that I can watch a Carolina-Duke game with – blasphemy, I know. Other than that major sticking point we get along pretty well.

And so do I and her dogs. We can bond over being lazy.



She moved to Greensboro, North Carolina for her job after graduating from Washington & Lee Law, and it was one of the places on my list to stop by. I arrived late in the night, so we decided to meet up for lunch; and we caught up really quickly. I love conversations like that where you pick up from where you left off.

After lunch I toured the International Civil Rights Center & Museum. It was very intriguing and moving, however it focused more on the American Civil Rights history during the segregation period and after rather than International Civil Rights. I was appreciated it and was disappointed at the same time. The only reference to anything international was towards the end of the tour where they had references to South Africa, Kosovo, and the fall of the German Wall, and a few international dignitaries (Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, etc.)

Kim and I for dinner decided to get groceries and to cook. Kim handled the fettuccini preparation and taste testing, the veges and the bread. I took care of the chicken, and three cheese sauce.




In the end we feasted on a delicious meal with some Pinot Noir and watched part of the men’s NCAA basketball final before the food coma kicked in.


Riley and Rex were entertaining as usual, especially during cooking time.


Kim, thanks for being a wonderful host. I can cook more if you let me come over to Greensboro again.

Expenses: $24.50
Coffee: $3.00
Lunch: $11.50
Museum: $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment