Tuesday, January 6, 2015

San Antonio, Texas: Day 2 - The River Walk Loop

Travel Date: Thursday, Oct 30 2014

After the visit to The Alamo and the history lesson I decided to see the next tourist spot that I see on all the San Antonio Spurs B Roll... the famous River Walk. Looking at my depleted iPhone battery (from all the pictures of The Alamo) I decide to only walk the short loop.

I find a sign for the entry.


And proceed to walk downstairs.


Beginning to love the colorful umbrella.


Definitely very very touristy.


Making a few friends along the way.


Amphitheaters ... nice!



I love the path.


And the bridges.




Construction.




Like the Camino, the path is always changing.


More bridges...


And getting close to my exit.


I see my friends again. I wish them well.


Walk back upstairs to the main street level, turn around for one last pano. So pretty!


Time to go meet Stacy at Liberty Bar.

Reflections:

Well the river walk is free, and easy to find from The Alamo. It is definitely worth taking the time to walk around the short <1 and="" are="" beverages.="" bribe="" come="" done="" food="" for="" inside="" it.="" just="" loop="" mile="" no="" of="" overpriced="" p="" pay="" restaurants="" say="" servers="" shortage="" there="" to="" trying="" ve="" you="">
I think my couchsurfer Rama suggested that I walk off the beaten path away from the loop but I didn't have the time to do so, otherwise I would have.

Expenses: $0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment