Wednesday, August 27, 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana: Day 2 - High School Reunions at the D'cruz Wedding

Got up in the morning and had some serious decisions to make. Too many coffee options.


I ended up going with the French Market French Roast option.


And some tasty cinnamon rolls


Robin and I head out for lunch to a local restaurant in Slidell, Louisiana: Nathan's Restaurant.



It is right by the bayou. We sit outside over looking the bayou.



There is a Marina there as well.


Ordered a salad with balsamic vinaigrette


Forgot what this was.


Fried Catfish


Shrimp Alfredo


After a delicious lunch we head out on some errands and we get home. I need a nap, blog some more, and then change to get ready for the wedding of my high school friend Savio. As I am moving around the house I noticed this on the wall and it cracks me up.


After work Deric drives me to Downtown New Orleans.


We arrive at Canal Street.


And I head over to the Courtyard Marriot to meet up with my high school friend George who I haven't seen in a while. His wife is from Roanoke, Virginia so every once in a while he comes to visit.


Reunited again. We chill out in the lobby and catch up on our lives.


And we meet up with Gavin and Lenin outside. I haven't seen Lenin in ages since Dubai. That was probably 16 years ago.


We all walk to Latrobes which is a few blocks away.



The wedding cake with the Fleur-de-Lis: WHO DAT!


And then more reunions with Dinesh and Deepa.


First dance


More reunions and new friendships.


Abercio and Lavon and myself talking about the good 'ol days.


Dinesh's sister Anu ... I think she pretended to remember me.


The band which was quite good. Wish they could throw down some Bangra music though.


Abercio's wife: Sharon and I


My friend Siddharth. Haven't seen him in ages too.


Ralph, Cyrus, I and Abercio ... wishing Dinesh, Savio and Siddharth were also in the picture.


The wedding is wrapping up the newly weds: Savio and Beth and heading out.


And I grab a wedding favor just in time. Fantastic choice of a wedding favor.


A bunch of us hit various bars in New Orleans and after a long night out this old man goes to bed.

What a fantastic day reuniting with old friends from high school and Dubai, and seeing one of my good friend's: Savio get hitched to his beautiful bride: Beth. Cannot wait for tomorrow when I spend time with Deric and Robin in the alligator infested swamps of Slidell.

Expenses: $73.55
Lunch: $20.35
Misc: $53.20

No comments:

Post a Comment