Sunday, June 1, 2014

Barcelona: Day 4 - Climbing to the top of the hill Tibidabo

Travel Date: Thursday, May 29 2014

My friends Cinta and Roberto who have lived in Barcelona told me that I should check out the view from Tibidabo. And if I do I absolutely must go to absolute the top of hill.

Daphne from the Hostel 360 Arts and Culture staff was so wonderful to give me great directions to get to Tibidabo. Seriously, if you ever need to stay at a hostel in Barcelona, 360 Arts and Culture is the place to be. And get suggestions from Daphne as well. She is very HELPFUL and AWESOME!


So I take a bunch of trains from Camp Nou to Peu del Funicular and then catch a tram up the hill to Vailvidrera.


And as I go up I begin to see what the view will looks like.


I get to the final tram stop and there is a Bus stop to catch a bus to the top of the hill at Tibidabo.


However, the next bus is coming in 20 mins. It will take me 15 minutes to get to top.. so in the Camino spirit I decide to walk up hill. It has been a while since I have walked up some hills.

The views along the way



And finally I get to the top of the hill and there is a large church, a small amusement park, and a deck that overlooks Barcelona.




The view is brilliant. Just amazing!!



There are two levels of the church. I walk up the stairs into the first one and it is beautiful.








I exit the church and run up the next flight of stairs and see the second part.


 





Not as glamorous as the section below, but still beautiful in its own way. 

I walk out of the Church and head back the hill to the tram station and make my way slowly back to the hostel.


No comments:

Post a Comment