Saturday, June 21, 2014

Acadia National Park: Part 3

Right after the San Antonio Spurs championship victory over the Miami Heat, I got a boost of energy, and I decided to drive from Gorham, Maine to Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Maine - 3.5 hours away. I made my way via the Interstate.

Had to stop a couple of times at the rest stops since I was getting a little tired.



I finally got to Acadia National Park around 3:15 AM. The sunrise was going to be at 4:45 AM, so I decided to nap between 3:15 AM and 4:15 AM. Set up my alarm and slept in my car at the base of the mountain. Woke up at 4:15 AM and drove to the top and got ready for the action. 


There weren't many people around. But it was very very windy and cold. Really cold. Fortunately I had prepared with layers as well. The moon was still up and showing itself.


And then gradually the sunrise took place in all its magnificence.









I stood on this rock and observed everything naturally unfold.




I appreciate the sun deeply after witnessing the beauty of the Acadia National Park sunrise. It is said to be the first place the sun hits the United States for most of the year.




Now that there is sunlight and it is still early, it is time to make the long trek to Northhampton, Massachusetts to visit my friend Markus. This is going to be a challenging ride with little sleep but it was totally worth the sunrise.

Expenses: $34.00
Gas: $34.00

No comments:

Post a Comment