Saturday, May 24, 2014

Benidorm: Day 1 - I love re-unions.

Travel Date: Friday, May 23 2014

I leave Kara's home a little early and head over to the bus station. It is practically deserted except for a few homeless people and the brave late night travelers.


I am tired and my face shows it.


I am ready for the long night sleep. The bus should depart around 12:20 AM and arrive in Benidorm at 9:30 AM.



Grrr... Why haven't we left yet :P. I woke up accidently to the morning sunrise. A pleasant wake up call.


After a lot of intermittent sleep, I arrive at the bus station in Benidorm at 9:50 AM and wait for Fernando who will come around 10:30 AM. We finally meet up and drive around Benidorm.


He calls Benidorm the Florida of Spain - even though he has not been to Florida.




We meet up with his wife's friend Maria and hit the Basco streets for wine and pinchos and tapas.
















Later we meet up with his wife (whose name is also Maria) and get some lunch at the beach.





And the Mediterranean Sea calls me by name for personal introduction.





First dip in the Mediterranean Sea.


We head back home, and clean up, and then head out later that evening to a nearby town Altea away from the many "tourists" for dinner at Xef Pirata.



Goofy Maria(s)




The food is delicious.



The most amazing Risotto EVER!






The treasure chest includes the 'bill'.


We walk around the town and enjoy the scenery.







The town is beautiful at night. Just amazing. I cannot imagine how pretty it is during the day.

We head back home for a good night's rest. It will be a long FUN day tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment